It was 34 years ago when our non-profit organization decided to raise money to support wildlife habitat projects in the State of Nevada; since that time, thousands of dollars have been raised to support worthwhile programs to enhance our wildlife and opportunities for outdoor hunters and wildlife enthusiasts.
The following projects were funded by the CVCC in 2019:
- Upland Game Translocation and Monitoring
- Greater Sage-Grouse Monitoring
- Upland Game Monitoring in the Desatoya Mountains
- Dusky Grouse Ecology & Management
- Measuring Corticosterone Metabolites in Greater Sage-Grouse
- Wildlife Restoration and Rehabilitation
- Douglas County 4H Shooting club
- Mason T Ortiz Youth Outdoor Skills Camp
- Douglas County Kids Fishing Derby
- Hunters Safety
- Carson Valley Youth Day
- Carson City Kids Fishing Day
- Nevada Wildlife Coalition
After this year’s fundraiser, the board of directors will again approve other great projects. As you probably know, our board members are volunteers and all monies raised are spent directly on wildlife projects.
This years event will be held at the Douglas County Fairgrounds beginning at 5:00 p.m. Enjoy an exceptional meal consisting of tri-tip, homemade beans, and salad. The raffle and auction items will include rifles, shotguns, fishing equipment, wildlife artwork, and much more. Cost $30.00
For tickets, click the “Pay Now” button above. For additional information call John Hillenbrand at (775) 771-3349. We also must mention that all participants must be a minimum of 16 years of age and smoking is prohibited inside the pavilion due to the Nevada Clean Air Act. We also do not allow anyone bringing in alcohol to our event; alcohol can be purchased inside the pavilion.
As always, seating is open and there will NOT be any reserved tables.
Thank you for your continued support; see you on March 7th!